Tuesday 7 January 2014

His Sword's Better Than My Sword

Hey Warriors.

Is there ever a time when you look at other people and you go "If only I had her personality I'd be unstoppable" or "If I was as smart as him I'd make it to any Ivy League."

Envy, a lack of confidence and jealousy. These feelings we hide inside are pretty ugly.

Its pretty disheartening when I see beautiful girls starving themselves just to get the body of a Victoria's Secret model. Or when I witness decent people change into someone fake and basically not themselves.

Our lack of self-confidence causes us to doubt ourselves. So whenever we see someone better than us rather than being happy for them we feel inferior ourselves. Some people try to copy people they admire but end up becoming even more confused. For instance your friend may be an amazing public speaker but since you were more of a writer, you couldn't speak as well as him no matter how hard you tried.

The problem with comparing ourselves to others is that we, instead of fixing our faults start to feel sorry for ourself .
.
An apple never compares itself to an orange. And neither should you.

Or we become so wound up in the other person that we start to act like them. Believe me the world has already seen Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey, Nelson Mandela and Michael Jackson. What the world needs now is someone new. It might just be you (hey that rhymes!). You never know.



So what are you waiting for? Get lost and find yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment